GST System Changes Newsletter
SWPC Latest Events
|Fri Feb 23 @09:30 - 05:30PM|
GST Training - Tax Code Assignment and Important GST Updates
|Thu Mar 08 @09:30 - 05:30PM|
GST Accounting on Employee Benefits
- Written by Stanley K Wong
- Category: GST System Changes Articles
This is short article on the latest update on GST Guide on Input Tax Credit .
The diagram below is the selected common changes for all GST registrants. There are new addition, amendments and deletion of paragraph and example related to the previous guide on input tax credit 
The digram below highlights the four major changes that GST registrants shall aware.
1. GST Registrants can confirm to claim parking, petrol, battery for electrical car and car insurance premium as these items are not block. Insurance premium can only claim in the name and address of business, not other entities. As such, personal registered car used for business is not entitled input tax credit for car insurance premium. Parking and petrol are simplified tax invoice without business name and address.
2. Golf players can claim green fee, buggy fee and dining in the golf club. These are not block items.
3. Entertainment for supplier or vendor is not eligible for input tax credit
4. Utilities under landlord name is no longer entitled to input tax credit
SWPC Rapid Contact
Mr. Stanley Wong Kah Leong
Suite 11 Block E111 Phileo Damansara 1
No 9 Jalan 16/11 Off Jalan Damansara
46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, MYS
Tel: +6012-9819390; +6012-6981938